Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Living in the Suburbs

Its been 4 days since we signed the final papers and closed on our new house. The closing went super smooth and last minute we were able to save a lot of money at the closing date. It was an amazing surprise. So Friday night we walked into our new home for the first time as the owners. What an amazing feeling. We ended up going straight to Lowes to buy paint and we spent the night painting the living room. We even slept on the floor at the new house because we were excited it was finally ours. it was an eventful night though with the two puppies.  Lucy decided to jump head first into the pail of red paint that we were using to paint the living room with. Apparently my little Lucy did not want to be blue anymore, she prefers red. Thank goodness it didn't make much of a mess because I picked her up right away, and the paint came right off once I rinsed her off in the sink. So it made for more of a funny memory rather than a frustrating one. Saturday was spent moving our furniture over so that way we would have our bed to sleep on, lol. We still have a few things left at the duplex, just little odds and ends, but we've got plenty of time to transport it over during the next month. It was a long and tiring day, but still exciting. Then on Sunday we bought our new fridge and guest room bed. I LOVE the fridge that we bought. Its a black french door model. We were going to get a stainless steel one, but then we found the black one for such a good price that we couldn't pass it up. Then we also picked out the bed for our guest bedroom. We needed to have a Queen bed for when we have overnight guests, and it was good timing to get it with the fridge because Jay and Betty will be staying with us this weekend so they can visit and see the new house. I'm super excited to see them, plus they will get to meet Lucy too :-) Although, I'm pretty sure that Tele will hog all of their attention, he LOVES them so much. The puppies did have a tough time over the weekend adjusting to their new house in the suburbs, but after a trip to petsmart where they each picked out a bone and got tons of attention from people at the store, all was right in their little world. :-)

In other news,  I PASSED MY TEST!!! For the past 10 weeks I have been in a training class for my job in order to begin phase 1 of obtaining my certification as a Case Manager. Its been a long 10 weeks, full of a TON of information. The test was 135 questions and I needed an 80 to pass. My job depended on my passing the test, if I didn't, I would get fired. No pressure right? Well, I took the test today and passed with a 90%!!! So I'm "halfway" a case manager. lol. I can now get cases and do the job, but it will take about 10 more months before I'm passed phase 2 of certification. But at least I'm done with the test. It was not easy. I've got a couple more days of training and then I get my first cases on Friday. But now that the test is over, it makes allows me more time to decorate my new house :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment